v8.0.6 USM Halo Limits interchanged

Moderator: jsachs

den
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon EOS-350D/Fuji X100T

v8.0.6 USM Halo Limits interchanged

Post by den »

Ref: PWP8 v8.0.6 msi 30-Oct-2019

When the Input image is transformed, the Halo Limit values are interchanged... ...but the transform Preview is shown correctly.
Screenshot (2).jpg
Screenshot (2).jpg (135.23 KiB) Viewed 1881 times
...den...
jsachs

Re: v8.0.6 USM Halo Limits interchanged

Post by jsachs »

I don't see this here -- are you sure you didn't forget to click the running man icon above the preview to update the output image?
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
den

Post by den »

I clicked the transform's OK button, then double clicked the Browser image to re-open the Transform dialog.

Try this... (1) Open an image; (2) open USM with the settings illustrated; then (3) click Apply... ...the Output image has strong white halos instead of dark halos.... ...the same results as when you click OK.

If you click the Running Man, then the Output image has dark halos like the dialog Preview but OK needs to be clicked to close the transform dialog.

I guess I am somewhat confused regarding the purpose of the Running Man, you already have the OK (traditionally executes and closes a transform dialog) and Apply (traditionally executes and leaves the transform dialog open)... it would seem that Apply and Running Man should have the same results... and are duplicates????

...den...
den

Post by den »

From the Update Log:
2-Oct-2019
Advanced Sharpen, Bilateral Sharpen, Denoise, Unsharp Mask: When showing the difference between the output and input images, they are now subtracted in the reverse order so the difference image is brighter or darker where the output image is brighter or darker than the input image.

Is it possible that the difference image is somehow incorporated when the OK or Apply executes the USM transform?

I did not check the other listed transforms.

...den...
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

The key factor you left out was that the input image was 48-bit color. It works OK for 24-bit which I was checking. Will fix for next release.

Apply updates the output image and also propagates the changes to all dependent images. Running man just updates the output image. If there are no dependent images, they do the same thing.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color