Crop oddities

Moderator: jsachs

MarkT

Crop oddities

Post by MarkT »

Hi,

Not sure if I've seen this before, but it seems strange. Open an image and open the Crop transformation. Pick a proportional constraint, and select an area smaller than the full image size. Click on one side of the selection box, and drag toward the opposite side - the selection flips on the opposite edge. I guess that makes sense, only after a few repeats of this action, everything froze and PWP silently closed.

On one occasion, while moving the selection box over to one side of the image, the selection lost its original constraint proportions (essentially turning a 4x6 box into a square...). Haven't been able to reliably reproduce this one...

Also, just a small thing. If I maximize the PWP main window, and close PWP, it does not remember the maximized state when it reopens. Is that just a Windows thing?

Thanks
Mark
jsachs

Re: Crop oddities

Post by jsachs »

>> Also, just a small thing. If I maximize the PWP main window, and close PWP, it does not remember the maximized state when it reopens. Is that just a Windows thing?

Crop box issues are fixed for next release.

Fairly recently I changed the way PWP remembers maximized windows since it was not working correctly if you had a window maximized in a secondary monitor, so instead it just makes the window about as large as possible instead of maximizing it.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
MarkT

Re: Crop oddities

Post by MarkT »

Thank you for the update and the information.