batch processing image pairs

Moderator: jsachs

jsachs

Re: batch processing image pairs

Post by jsachs »

I guess what I am suggesting is you go on FastStone's message board and ask for the feature. It seems like a natural for them.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Charles2
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-Pro 2

Post by Charles2 »

tomczak wrote: January 4th, 2020, 1:21 pm I need to see the images and zoom on them to decide which to throw out. FastStone does previewing competently but doesn't want to keep JPGs and RAWs associated so that I could get rid of both versions in one go.
You can change the order in which FastStone goes through images. It can be by filetype, or it can be by name. In fact, I believe it can show them sorted per any of the columns in Windows Explorer. Basically, you put FS in Report View and click on the desired column to set the sort order. Then you can go to FS Thumbnail View.

Would it meet your needs to have FS present in name order, so you will see Image1.jpg, Image1.raf, Image2.jpg, Image2.raf ... ? You can tag a .jpg and tag its .raf next, pass to the next pair, etc.
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Post by tomczak »

jsachs wrote: January 4th, 2020, 1:27 pm I guess what I am suggesting is you go on FastStone's message board and ask for the feature. It seems like a natural for them.
They don't have a board, but I emailed them with this suggestion before - haven't heard back.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
tomczak

Post by tomczak »

Charles2 wrote: January 4th, 2020, 2:11 pm Would it meet your needs to have FS present in name order, so you will see Image1.jpg, Image1.raf, Image2.jpg, Image2.raf ... ? You can tag a .jpg and tag its .raf next, pass to the next pair, etc.
I tried sorting them by name and tagging adjacent JPG/RAW pairs before, but it's quite labor-intensive and prone to errors.

The way I do it now (with 'antitwin' searching for RAFs matching the rejected JPGs, as described above) kind of works as all I have to do is go through single set of JPGs, but then I still have to remember to fiddle with RAW afterwards (and it assumes that I always shoot JPG+RAW or JPG only).
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
Winfried
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Pentax K1

Post by Winfried »

Maybe using a Digital Assets Management (DAM) system cures many of the mentioned problems.
I mostly shot RAW and my DAM (IMatch) treats the *.jpgs and *.tifs as versions of the RAWs. So I always have access to all produced files of the original RAW-file and from a *.jpg to the corresponding RAW.
Winfried
-----
migrated to Windows 10 in Nov. 2019
PWP Pro 64
CUDA not available
dimockn

Post by dimockn »

I have found a free utility that will do the job..
ucp.php?mode=login
Still, it would be good to have a DL-C product for the purpose.
Cheers.
N
dimockn

Post by dimockn »

tomczak

Post by tomczak »

Could you briefly describe what Merge could do that PWP couldn't? I haven't tried it yet, but from the description it sounds like the Composite...
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
dimockn

Post by dimockn »

Sure..
Merge will take image files from two folders, and batch-merge them, one side-by-side image pair per file.
It will do lots of other things, but that is all I need.
Cheers.
N
dimockn

Post by dimockn »

.. I don't think PW8 can do the Batch thing, can it.. stepping through two folders, Compositing one image pair at a time..