ICC printer profiles?

Moderator: jsachs

bolonick

ICC printer profiles?

Post by bolonick »

I am going to buy a new printer and would like to use the ICC profiles supplied with the printer to simplify printing.
Can the profiles supplied for the printer be imported into Picture Window?
jsachs

Re: ICC printer profiles?

Post by jsachs »

Yes, if the profiles come from the printer manufacturer they are normally installed along with the drivers. If you have separate files, you can install them by right clicking on them and selecting Install from the popup menu in Windows Explorer. All this does is copy them to the right system folder.

Once installed, they should show up in the Picture Window Print dialog box under Custom Profile. Just make sure you set the printer to No color adjustment so you don't double-correct the images.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
bolonick

Post by bolonick »

That's great!
bolonick

Post by bolonick »

I know this may seem like a dumb question but I do not see anywhere in the Picture Window Print Dialog Box where it is possible to choose "Custom Profile."

I am still using Picture Window v7.2, since I have a 32 bit OS.
Is it possible that this feature does not exist in this version or am I missing something obvious?
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Color Management is probably disabled? No color management, no printer profile.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
bolonick

Post by bolonick »

Yes, that was the essential step.
It also required some not obvious (to me, at least) fiddling with the print setup in Windows to defeat the driver interfering with the Picture Window color management. I found the changes described well in this Canon help entry: https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index? ... &actp=LIST

The prints look beautiful.
I'm so happy I can continue using Picture Window -- it's a great application whose capabilities I'm still discovering how to use.