Missing Color Spaces

Moderator: jsachs

Robert Schleif

Missing Color Spaces

Post by Robert Schleif »

Under Color Management/Working Color Space, the first two spaces, Adobe RGB and Adobe are missing. Is there an easy way to restore them, would reinstalling PWP restore them?
jsachs

Re: Missing Color Spaces

Post by jsachs »

Re-installing should restore them. There is a folder named Profiles within the folder PWP is installed to, that should contain all the profiles it installs including Adobe and Apple RGB. Every time you run PWP, it re-installs any missing profiles, so something may be wrong with your Profiles folder if these two are somehow missing.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Robert Schleif

Post by Robert Schleif »

Windows 10, 64 bit
I do not see a folder named Profiles in c:\\Program Files\Digital Light and Color\Picture Window 7.0, where Picture Window is installed. The only directories there are Textures and Viewer.
I do find color profiles in c:\\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Digital Light and Color\Picture Window, including Bruce etc, but not including Adobe RGB or Adobe. The above is unchanged after uninstalling PW 7 and reinstalling. The reinstallation remembered my user preferences, which surprised me.
I do not find any other Digital Light and Color directories with a search for "Profiles"
The directory c:\\Program files (x86)\Comon Files\Adobe\Color contains some profiles, but not Adobe RGB or Adobe.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Sorry, it's been a while since I worked on this.

I seem to recall now that AdobeRGB was not distributed with PWP - only the very similar SMPTE-240M. The Adobe RGB profile must have come from some other application and disappeared when you uninstalled it. If you have an image file with AdobeRGB embedded in it, you can use the File/Save Profile As... command to extract the profile and store it with your other profiles. Or, you can download it from here: https://www.adobe.com/digitalimag/adobergb.html
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Robert Schleif

Post by Robert Schleif »

Thank you. I appreciate the rapidity and accuracy of your response.