PWP 8 Early Alpha Release Available for Download

Moderator: jsachs

jsachs

PWP 8 Early Alpha Release Available for Download

Post by jsachs »

It's been a long road -- I hope it was worth it.

The download page is:

http://www.dl-c.com/PWP_Download.html

Please read the release notes first.

While much of this early release is working, parts may be buggy, so please don’t use this version for serious work. Although I will try to maintain compatibility, it is not guaranteed at this point that scripts you create will work with newer versions, so it is probably best to use this feature sparingly for now.

Currently there is only a 64-bit Windows version – if there is enough demand for a 32-bit version I will consider trying to put one together later.

Reporting Bugs and Feature Requests

The more specific you can be regarding bugs, the easier they will be to fix. If possible, please include the exact sequence of operations that fails. I will be fixing bugs and releasing updates every few days, so check the downloads page frequently. Please report bugs or feature requests in the PWP 8 Beta section of the message board or directly to me at jsachs@dl-c.com.

Documentation

For now, the only documentation is the help file which should describe everything. The Getting Started topic in the help file is a good place to start, and it points to other general topics you may want to browse before jumping in with both feet. I hope to create some video tutorials when the program is a little more stable.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Bob Walker
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon R5

Re: PWP 8 Early Alpha Release Available for Download

Post by Bob Walker »

Hi Jonathan,

How exciting. I tried installing on a Win7 64-bit machine. Err message at end of installation (the "finish/launch" button was the last I pressed) was "The program can't start because MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I get the same message if I try running from the desktop icon.

Uninstalling and reinstalling, same issue.

Bob W
Winfried
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Pentax K1

Post by Winfried »

No problem on my System:
Betriebssystemname Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Winfried
-----
migrated to Windows 10 in Nov. 2019
PWP Pro 64
CUDA not available
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I have updated the downloads page to include a link to download the missing file from Microsoft (Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable DLLs). You don't need to download this more than once and not at all if you don't get the error message.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color