DXO Optics Image Browser Loading Error

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

DXO Optics Image Browser Loading Error

Post by davidh »

Jonathan, talking elswhere about the DXO Optics as your favourite raw converter, do you also get the black thumbnail with the message "Loading error" in the DXO Optics Browser for images edited in PWP?
As soon as such a thumbnail gets focus by a click or using a cursor key, the message is replaced by the real image thumbnail. But until then the Image Browser is a mixture of image miniatures and "Loading errors".

It may be a general DXO Optics peculiarity with all images edited outside the DXO; I do not know as I do not use any other editor and have not tried to investigate. It also may be just my PC speciality.

David
jsachs

Re: DXO Optics Image Browser Loading Error

Post by jsachs »

Have you updated to the latest version of DxO? I think a few versions back there was a bug in their TIFF reader that they subsequently fixed.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

So that it is. I have the version DXO Optics 9.5.2 Elite which, I see, is quite behind the latest one. Still, it is just a small inconvenience I can live with, because except raw conversion I do not do any subsequent editing in DXO Optics editor.

I have not upgraded yet and I am not sure if I will because DXO Optics do not support the Fujifilm X-Trans sensors in their raw converter, and as it seems, they do not plan it for the next or even more distant future.
I do not have a digital Fujifilm camera at this moment but I have been playing with the idea for some time now.

Anyway, I am very satisfied with the DXO Optics Pro 9.5.2 Elite as a raw converter. And if someone asked me, I would recommend it, unless they had a X-Trans sensor somewhere.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Before I upgraded to DxO PhotoLab, I was on DxO Optics Elite 11.4.2 which had no problem reading TIFF files from PWP. Not sure if or how far you can upgrade without paying.

I was unaware that they are not supporting X-Trans sensors - I know a lot of photographers who like the latest generation of Fuji cameras.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
den
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon EOS-350D/Fuji X100T

Post by den »

For X-Trans sensor file conversions, I favor Fujifilm's RAW File CONVERTER EX 2.0 [ http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital ... rfc_2/win/ ]. Once understood, the conversion from RAF to a 16-bit TIFF is superior to that of a 'dcraw' based converter... ...at least for me and the Fujifilm X100T camera I use.

If anyone would like help, ask...

...den...
Examples: http://www.l7.org/IMAGEs_by_DEN/
Charles2
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-Pro 2

Post by Charles2 »

Raw Therapee for my Fuji raw files. The RT teams started from dcraw -- and did great things with it. Raw Therapee supports .dcp camera profiles, and they did a good one for Fuji X-Pro 2 (which could probably be used for the Fuji X100T, too).