PWP 8 Progress Update

Moderator: jsachs

jsachs

Re: PWP 8 Progress Update

Post by jsachs »

It's on the list to be added back in eventually.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Post by Marpel »

Didn't know if we are supposed to be using the new PWP 8 Beta thread yet for a PWP 8 question or if that is reserved for when the Beta version comes out, so thought I would ask on this thread.

It appears that Soft Light and Hard Light (as well as Absolute Difference and a couple others) are no longer in the Composite Transform. However, I found Absolute Difference in a different location (Difference, mentioned on pages 148 - 150 of the new manual). Has Soft Light, in particular, (one of my most oft-used Composite tool) been moved elsewhere as well? Haven't finished reading the whole manual as yet, so I'm hoping it's just been moved. If it has been removed entirely, will there be a suggested method, with other tools, to duplicate this process?

By the way, there looks to be some pretty good stuff coming in the new version. Very much looking forward to it.

Thanks,

Marv
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Yes all the same blend modes including hard and soft light are still there except High and Low Pass which are removed for now. The Difference transformation was moved from Special Effects to Gray but is otherwise mostly the same. I am updating the help file which was in error.

I'm getting close to having an early release for testing - probably a few weeks.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Post by Marpel »

Thanks Jonathan. Good to know (both about the blend modes as well as the impending release).

Marv