Overlapping image and transform windows

Moderator: jsachs

Robert Schleif

Overlapping image and transform windows

Post by Robert Schleif »

In PWP I spend more time than I would like in adjusting image windows and the dialog windows for transformations so that I can see one or the other. It would be nice in the new version if the screen areas for images and dialogs could be user specified or would default to nonoverlapping screen areas.
jsachs

Re: Overlapping image and transform windows

Post by jsachs »

This should much less of a problem in the new version although screen real estate remains a scarce resource that must be closely managed. A large, high res monitor is a definite plus.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
mjdl
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nokia N8-00

Re: Overlapping image and transform windows

Post by mjdl »

An ergonomic solution to this is being able specify that a given tool window is automatically docked at the side of the main program window (perhaps splitting an already docked window, e.g. a file chooser), or is displayed as a non-modal tool window floated above or beside it (perhaps even dragged to a second monitor). The latter can be very confusing if the program remembers tool window positions from previous use, but the second monitor is no longer active! The former can lead to all sorts of docked window sizing/scrolling issues.