Social media group

Moderator: jsachs

Dieter Mayr
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D700

Social media group

Post by Dieter Mayr »

I had a e-mail conversation with Janet Zinn about Jonathans decision to retire the further development of PWP.
She came up with the idea, in case the forum will be closed with the new upcomming website,
to found a Facebook-Group, Yahoo-Group or on some other social media to stay in touch, sharing knowledge and ideas.
We agreed to put it in the forum for discussion, who do others thing of this idea, would you like to participate?
Jonathan, Kiril, would it be OK for you ?
What media should we use, I'm not so much into social media that I want to give any advice.

Any thoughts and opinions welcome!

Dieter
Dieter Mayr
jsachs

Re: Social media group

Post by jsachs »

We do expect to keep the current message board going on the new web site.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Dieter Mayr
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D700

Post by Dieter Mayr »

Very good news, thanks Jonathan!
Dieter Mayr
doug
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D-500

Post by doug »

I am also quite pleased to learn this (guess I didn't pick up on that nuance in the original announcement.) It directly addresses a comment I made in a posting in the "All Good Things Come to an End" thread that said, "I'll be very happy to keep using PWP for a long time (perhaps not too long since I'm already nearing 75) but I'll really miss the ability to learn more about my favorite editing software through these forum postings.

If further development has to end, Jonathan and Kiril are surely closing up shop in a very classy way and keeping the interests of a loyal user base in mind.
jczinn

Post by jczinn »

This is great news, as I'd hate to lose this resource! I may not post much but I do come and read posts periodically. I've made sure to download all the white papers, but I imagine those will get preserved on a new site as well.