Precise Gaussian default slider position

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Precise Gaussian default slider position

Post by davidh »

The Precise Gaussian Radius default value of 3 does not correspond to the position of its slider on the Radius scale. The correct slider possition should be a bit more to the right. If you want to blur to a value less then 3, you still have to move the slider to the right. Just a cosmetic trifle as the image is blured according to what shows the default digit not the default slider position.
By the way, the exact value of 3 cannot be achieved with the slider. Only the values near around, which makes it a bit harder to remmember whether it was under or over. Surprisingly, even such a small difference like 2.88 and 3.13 is visible. No wonder it is called Precise Gaussian.

David
Dieter Mayr
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D700

Re: Precise Gaussian default slider position

Post by Dieter Mayr »

David,

You can increase the precision of slider movement in 2 ways:
First you can enlarge the window of the transformation which gives a longer slider and more precision.
Second you can Shift-Click left or right of the slider in it will move the slider 1/1024 th of the total range, 64/1024 = 0.0625 units in the respecting direction.
When using the Shift-Click method on the default position of the slider one time right and one time left of the slider, which should bring it back to the original position, results in a value of 0.75 , which correspond well with the position of the slider between the 1/128 and 1/64 mark.
Slider_default_PrGauss.png
Slider_default_PrGauss.png (31.64 KiB) Viewed 2311 times
So the slider should be definately more to the right for 3
Dieter Mayr
davidh

Re: Precise Gaussian default slider position

Post by davidh »

Dieter,
you are right. I somehow forgot that the scales are expandables. It may due the fact that my monitor is always full of various alternative versions of what I am trying to achieve :).
Thanks for reminding me.

David