Album printing - unprinted pages

Moderator: jsachs

MikeG
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Panasonic G1

Album printing - unprinted pages

Post by MikeG »

This is way, way, removed from the finer points of Color Remapping, Bilateral Sharpening and RAW dialogs.
A very mundane use of PWP.
I had some dozens of A4 sheets to scan and print and thought that I'd do it using PWP, as I have done a number of times previously.
Ctrl A to 'Acquire', and I scanned about 7 sheets. The first 4 or 5 scan in 'one hit'. After that the scanning head pauses during the scan. Pausing more frequently as the number of scanned pages increase. Running low on RAM, I suppose.
The selected 'Print Album' from the File menu.
Created a new Format - A4.
Insert the other 6 pages from the screen and print.
Doing something else while printing is happening. Close scanning window. Delete scans from PWP. Shut PWP - in case it's free up some memory - it didn't, and restart. Then look at print out and notice only two pages have printed. Suspect a printer misfeed or malfunction.
Restart PWP, press ctrl A and scan another batch.
Print Album from File menu, select previously created A4 format. Insert from screen. Check correct number shown at foot of Album. Print. Only the first and last page print, the others come out as blank pages. Delete first and last page. Then click through each page and print again. No problem.
Realise that I'd been in the habit of looking at each page before printing, and that today was that first time I hadn't bothered to.
Weird or what? Zen like? The pages don't truly exist unless they've been looked at?
Anyone noticed this behaviour - or is it just me?
Mike.