Editting posts

Moderator: jsachs

bogumil

Editting posts

Post by bogumil »

Is there any way to edit your own posts in the new forum? I've just wanted to correct a typo in my post and couldn't find any "Edit" link. There was only "Delete post" icon but that's a little too radical :)

Bogumil
Bogumil
99eagle99
Site Admin

Re: Editting posts

Post by 99eagle99 »

I poked around the administrative settings, but I have not found any way to edit posts yet.
Dieter Mayr
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D700

Post by Dieter Mayr »

I saw in the FAQ something about a allowed time for editing posts, maybe it is just set to zero ?
Just a thought ....
Dieter Mayr
kevgermany

Post by kevgermany »

There should be buttons for editing posts and so on. I think they're dependant on the skin you've used.

Not sure if the edit posts value if for later edits or the original edit, on another board I'm an admin which is also phpBB, this is set to zero and we have an edit button showing where the black dots are. May be style/skin related. We use prosilver.
Kev

Man is limited by his fears, not his imagination
MikeG
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Panasonic G1

Post by MikeG »

Here's a link to a phpBB guide: http://www.phpbb.com/support/documentat ... /index.php

However it doesn't - at a quick look - appear to help with editing, nor explaining the dots etc.

Mike.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I think I found the setting - I set the time limit to edit posts to 2 hours. It was set to zero which apparently disables editing.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
99eagle99
Site Admin

Post by 99eagle99 »

Well, that didn't change anything - I checked forum permissions and users are supposed to be allowed to edit their own posts. We are also using the prosilver skin. I'm stumped at this point.