New Picture Window Release

Moderator: jsachs

ksinkel

New Picture Window Release

Post by ksinkel »

Picture window Pro v 7.0.19 is now available.

The raw processor has been updated to include new digital cameras introduced since the last raw update. Support for approximately 40 new camera models has been added.

A problem in reading text blocks and stored in workflow files has been fixed. Text blocks, such as the text in the Text Widget and mask images are now retrieved correctly when a workflow is loaded.

The new release can be downloaded here: http://www.dl-c.com/site/downloads/pwp-apps.php. The update is free to PWP 7 registered users.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
MarkT

Re: New Picture Window Release

Post by MarkT »

Thank you for the update - just a note that the link in your post leads to a 404 Error... Download from the main download page works fine, and installed the new version no problem.
ksinkel

Post by ksinkel »

Thanks. I fixed the link.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

Have some other fixes been included in this release too? Some of the posts already reported as fixed for the next release do not seem to be fixed in the release 7.0.19.

zoomed images still cannot be blinked:
http://www.dl-c.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1182

Color Pickers and Bring transformation dialog box to top command still cause a crash and inevitable lost of work:
http://www.dl-c.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1188

and
the unit confusion in Print Dialog is still there:
http://www.dl-c.com/board/viewtopic.php ... a&start=10

David
ksinkel

Post by ksinkel »

As you point out the other fixes are not included -- they are still pending. This release was 'squeezed in' between other work primarily to not delay release of raw support for new camera models.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
doug
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D-500

Post by doug »

K Sinkel wrote:
As you point out the other fixes are not included -- they are still pending. This release was 'squeezed in' between other work primarily to not delay release of raw support for new camera models.

Kiril

And I want to thank you for that "squeeze in" (see my June 5 post)
I suspect these other fixes are not required for editing every single image in PWP. But raw conversion is needed for every last one of my Nikon D500 raws. I've been waiting for nearly 2 months to see what PWP will do with my 26MB (losslessly compressed) D500 raws.
Meanwhile, the Jpegs from this camera are really, really good.
Also, I tried using Nikon's software to convert some raw files. It did apply the Jpeg settings (which are pretty neutral in my case) which was good. But I hated the user interface.

Doug
davidh

Post by davidh »

doug wrote:
I suspect these other fixes are not required for editing every single image in PWP. But raw conversion is needed for every last one of my Nikon D500 raws. I've been waiting for nearly 2 months to see what PWP will do with my 26MB (losslessly compressed) D500 raws.

This is pretty understandable and I can well imagine that other people were waiting for the support for new camera models.
I just wanted to make sure that those fixes had not been lost, let's say, in some intermediate or test version. :)

One more comment. The PWP Pro is very versatile foto-editig tool so it can quite easily happen that for some kind of foto processing every single image might need a transformation waiting for a fix. However, those listed are far from urgent since there are either workarounds or one has to be a little more attentive.

David
doug
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D-500

Post by doug »

Fair enough, David.

My post was not intended to even hint that the "fixes" you mentioned are not important. Indeed, they should not be overlooked or forgotten about.

Instead, assuming that everything that is on the "to-do list" cannot be accomplished overnight, I wanted to especially acknowledge my thankfulness that Kiril and Johnathan did not delay the release of an update until all pending changes could be included. But were sensitive to "squeezing in" an interim release that included the raw converter updates.

Doug
jczinn

Post by jczinn »

Thank you Kiril for fixing the text retention in the workflow issue!!