Resize in Crop Window

Moderator: jsachs

bobsofpa

Resize in Crop Window

Post by bobsofpa »

When I am in the "Crop/Add border" window, with the Resize checked and a number entered, pixels and wide chosen the image is cropped to the area specified but the file size is NOT changed to what I have in the Resize box. I have the latest version installed (I even got a new download to make sure my original download was not in error). I have done this with all previous versions of PWPro 64 and have had no problems.
jsachs

Re: Resize in Crop Window

Post by jsachs »

The latest version has a second checkbox to the right of Resize called Resample.

If Resample is not checked, the physical dimensions of the image are adjusted by simply altering the resolution (dpi) setting. If Resample is checked, you get to specify the resolution and the image is resized by adding or removing pixels as necessary. If you want to change the image size in pixels, you need to check Resample.

For the next maintenance release, I have modified the program so that when units are set set to pixels, Resample is automatically checked as it does not make sense to set the size in pixels without resampling.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
bobsofpa

Re: Resize in Crop Window

Post by bobsofpa »

Thank you for the quick reply.