Crop Tool Square Format

Moderator: jsachs

Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Crop Tool Square Format

Post by Marpel »

I was going to add this post to the end of the other Crop Tool topic I generated but thought it would be better as a standalone.

If I choose the square proportion crop format, the margin numbers and up/down selectors are greyed out (and I understand the reasons for this). However, without closing the dialogue box, if I choose a random (or whatever it's called, it just slipped my mind, where the user chooses each margin) format, the margin info and up/down keys remain greyed out and inaccessible. The dialogue has to be closed and re-opened to access these attributes for a change in format.

ver 7.0.16

And, a future change request: Is it possible to have perhaps only the left and bottom margins accessible when using the square, or other designated, format so as to be able to precisely place the crop in the image (and the format would remain square of course)? I find I have to zoom in quite deeply to accurately move the crop boundaries.

Regards,

Marv
Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Re: Crop Tool Square Format

Post by Marpel »

Sorry, just to clarify,

I meant "Arbitrary" in my initial comments, not random (funny how a word can completely vanish from the mind, then instantly re-appear minutes later).

And, the greyed out margin entries only occur when using "Reset All" from the Options drop down menu. If changing the format to Arbitrary via the Proportions menu, it appears the margins are not greyed out.

Marv
jsachs

Re: Crop Tool Square Format

Post by jsachs »

I have fixed the Reset problem for the next maintenance release.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color