Generating a Colour Image

Moderator: jsachs

jsachs

Re: Generating a Colour Image

Post by jsachs »

I have put together a number of color line files you can use to tint grayscale images while preserving their luminance. The attachment to this message includes the files and a description of how to use them.
Luminance Gradients.zip
Luminance Gradients.zip
(16.73 KiB) Downloaded 344 times
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Post by Marpel »

Thanks very much Jonathan. I have downloaded the file and will be taking a look at these shortly.

Marv
Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Post by Marpel »

Jonathan,

I was able to download the file you provided to my MacBook, and able to open the folder and see the various files, including being able to read the included document.

However, I use the MacBook to access the internet, but the PC I use for editing images with PWP, Photoshop and other programs is not connected to the net. So I had to transfer the files from one to the other computer, using a micro drive.

And that's where the problems occurred - I have been unable to load the files to my PC and every time I try (I can't even copy the folder to my desktop) the computer freezes, preceded by an "R6002 - floating point support not loaded" Runtime error. I have a number of .cln files in a folder that I routinely use in PWP, so even tried to open the new files with PWP but was faced with the same system freeze. Some brief checking on the net suggested that Windows may have issues with .cln files but as I already use .cln files routinely in PWP, I can't figure out how to resolve this issue. Any suggestions (in simple terms please, I am a bit of a computer goof).

Thanks,

Marv
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

You should be able to use a flash drive to copy the files. Make sure you format it on the PC first. If this does not work there is something wrong with your flash drive. Just drag the files to the flash drive folder on the Mac and drag the files from the flash drive folder on the PC. Don't double-click on the files.

The type of file (.cln or other should not make any difference unless you double click on them in which case it tries to open them).
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color