Can't use Misc Tools when Browse window is open--bug?

Moderator: jsachs

jczinn

Can't use Misc Tools when Browse window is open--bug?

Post by jczinn »

Not really sure if this is a bug or if this existed in earlier versions, but I never noticed this before. If the Browse window is open, the Misc. Tools window disappears. If I close the Browse window, the Miscellaneous Tools window pops open again! I'm on 7.0.17. Other transformation windows open and are available just fine.

Is this a bug?
ksinkel

Re: Can't use Misc Tools when Browse window is open--bug?

Post by ksinkel »

Janet,

During a session, the window opens at the position in which it was last closed. So if you had it at the extreme right when Browse was closed, it is probably opening beyond the right edge of the screen. (When browse is open and docked at the side, the workspace is narrower.) You should be able to scroll the main window and bring Misc tools back into view.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
Dieter Mayr
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D700

Post by Dieter Mayr »

Janet,

If you push it outside the visible area of the sreen, there are 2 things you can see this:
You will get a horizontal scrollbar that let you move the visible area, so you can get it back to the normal range
And the window will show under Window / Window List (Ctrl-W)
Dieter Mayr
jczinn

Post by jczinn »

Duh, of course you are right. I can scroll over to it. Funny I never noticed that in all these years. The other transformations are rarely in the upper right corner but the Tools always open there, so...DUH!

Thanks for pointing it out :)