Default in sharpen - a bug (a small one)

Moderator: jsachs

bogumil

Default in sharpen - a bug (a small one)

Post by bogumil »

I've noticed that saving default settings in Sharpen tool can lead to erroneous situation. Here's how to reproduce the problem:
1. Open Sharpen and change the method (in my case it was Bilateral Sharpen)
2. Choose opt->Save as Default
3. Close Sharpen (you may also Cancel)
4. Open Sharpen and change the metod to something else (e.g. Sharpen)
5. Close Sharpen (you may also Cancel)
6. Now open Sharpen once again and you'll see that the displayed controls are of the method selected in step 4 whereas the method combo displays "Bilateral Sharpen" - which is of course wrong.

It's not a big thing - everything works fine. It's only a little misleading.

Cheers,

Bogumil
Bogumil
MarkT

Re: Default in sharpen - a bug (a small one)

Post by MarkT »

Not a bug, as a re-open of a transformation will "remember" the last used settings.

To re-set to eh default, shift-click on the transformation when opening. If you close PWP and re-open, and select your transformation, it will display your default settings.
bogumil

Post by bogumil »

I'm not saying that PW is not sharpening correctly - I've just noticed that you can easily reach program state in which the controls on the dialog are part of one method and the combo is saying that currently chosen method is a different one.
I just thought that someone might be interested in correcting this small bug in the new release. If not, no problem I can live with that.

Cheers,

Bogumil
Bogumil
penumbra

Post by penumbra »

I duplicated the problem, but only by changing step 6 to shift-click on the sharpen transform to call up the default. The display then shows the method as bilateral sharpen, but does not display the blur radius, blur threshold, etc sliders.

tom