Changining file types, "-1" designation

Moderator: jsachs

bobsofpa

Changining file types, "-1" designation

Post by bobsofpa »

I have the latest PWPro 64 7.0.12 (downloaded today).

One of the fixes that PWPRO 7.0 implemented was that when you were saving a file and changing the file type (e.g., from tiff to jpeg) a "-1 " was not added to the file name. It is back. With 7.0.12 I get the " -1 " when I save a tiff as a jpeg.
Dieter Mayr
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D700

Re: Changining file types, "-1" designation

Post by Dieter Mayr »

Bob, I do not have a issue with the -1 nor the Profile and Comments issue you described in your other post on 7.0.12 running under Win7
Did you try to download the file again and reinstall it, maybe the file got corrupted somehow ?
I did download it just after Kiril or Jonathan announced the new version, so, maybe the file on the server could be corrupted too.
Dieter Mayr
bobsofpa

Post by bobsofpa »

The file I had before my computer crashed did not have these problems. The file I downloaded today does.
ksinkel

Post by ksinkel »

I can't reproduce the problem you describe. In my case the -1 suffix is only added If the file with the same root name already exists in the folder. Changing the extension removes the suffix, unless of course there is a file with the same root name and the new extension.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
bobsofpa

Post by bobsofpa »

I just tried it again with a tiff file for which there was no corresponding jpeg file. When I went to save the tiff file it immediately added the "-1" to the name. However, it did not delete the "-1" when I changed the file type to jpeg.
bobsofpa

Post by bobsofpa »

I would suggest you download a copy of PWPro 64 from the website and use that instead of what you have on your computers. That way you get what I have.