Bug fix release 30-Aug-2019

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

jsachs

Bug fix release 30-Aug-2019

Post by jsachs »

I have posted a new release (30-Aug-2019).

The changes (taken from the update log) are:

Progress indicators now suppressed while batch jobs are being processed. Improved responsiveness of Terminate Batch Process button.

Added new Light Falloff transformation – see updated help file or Transformation.pdf for details.

Fixed problems with several transformations leaving the cursor set as a crosshair instead of returning it to a hand.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Re: Bug fix release 30-Aug-2019

Post by Marpel »

Not sure if this is as a result of your fix regarding the hand/crosshair issue, but if I use the Masks transform on an image where initially a curve is used, then I wish to tidy that mask up with the Freehand Outline, the cursor remains a hand and it will not allow the drawing of a further mask (or removal of some sections of the already generated mask).

Marv
rfuerman
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: sony rx100iii

Post by rfuerman »

Hello. PW 30-Aug
4) File | open multiple - fixed
9) create 'usual' batch process. Select batch | file open [Run all] and batch crashes. Same if I save batch to WS and then run. [Test mode] also crashes.
Thanks & have a great holiday weekend to all fellow PWP'ers! Bob
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Not sure if this is as a result of your fix regarding the hand/crosshair issue, but if I use the Masks transform on an image where initially a curve is used, then I wish to tidy that mask up with the Freehand Outline, the cursor remains a hand and it will not allow the drawing of a further mask (or removal of some sections of the already generated mask).

I'm not sure exactly what you are doing, but there are cases where two or more transformations or controls are competing to determine what happens when you click on the input image. For example, a color picker can be active at the same time as a transformation that draws an overlay on the input image or has a curve control that uses clicks on the input image to set a probe. In this case you need to click on the caption of the transformation or color picker (or mask window) to re-establish control over the input image.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

9) create 'usual' batch process. Select batch | file open [Run all] and batch crashes. Same if I save batch to WS and then run. [Test mode] also crashes.

This error did not occur with the debugger enabled which is how I normally run PWP here. It appears to be a bug in the Microsoft optimizing C++ compiler. When I turned off certain optimizations, the problem seemed to go away. If you see it again after today's release, please let me know.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Marpel

Post by Marpel »

Jonathan,

I opened an image and then opened the Masks dialogue. I clicked on the first black square and asked for a new mask. Using the Curves option, I generated a mask (Apply). I then tried to remove part of that mask by clicking on the Freehand Outline option > Remove. I was just going to simply draw around the area I did not want masked. However, the cursor was a hand and even when I clicked on the image, the hand remained and did not change to a crosshair, so I was unable to draw a new (un)mask area.

The Masks tool is the only operation I did, so no other Transformations were involved.

Marv
Marpel

Post by Marpel »

OK, I just tried it again and I think I found what I had been doing (actually not doing) that caused this issue. After I applied the first Curves-based mask, I clicked on the Freehand Outline button, expecting to just carry on with removing some areas and tidying up the mask.

However, I did not initially realize the dialogue header dims after clicking "Apply", so I found one has to click on the header to re-activate the dialogue (even though the Freehand Outline button will depress when the header is dimmed). Not sure why this step is necessary, but at least I have the process figured out.

Sorry for the confusion.

Marv
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

OK, I see the problem -- fixed for next release.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color