Image info after file save - question

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

BobP45

Image info after file save - question

Post by BobP45 »

I'm using the 10 Aug 2019 beta at the moment. I'm still sometimes losing the metadata on save, but only very rarely and I can't pin it down. My JPEG preferences are to save all metadata, as I need the GPS coordinates.

In trying to check for this, I use the Image info command, and here something has changed and I probably missed it in the update log. On the original image and up to the last transformation before I save the image as JPEG, Image info is as it has always been, with the tabs at the bottom for Image, Camera, Notes and GPS, as in the first attachment:
Image info before file save.jpg
Image info before file save.jpg (37.66 KiB) Viewed 2375 times
After I save the image, the Image info display now looks like this:
Image info after file save.jpg
Image info after file save.jpg (49.07 KiB) Viewed 2375 times
The "Command" info is overflowing its box. Where do I find the Metadata and GPS info in this case? I can widen the box, but can't extend its height. I can't scroll the text in "Command". Aha, I now see I can click on the tiny bit of a tab showing in the lower right corner and then the tabs appear. Ok, it still works, but it shouldn't be like this maybe?

Thanks, Bob
BobP
Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, 16 GB RAM
jsachs

Re: Image info after file save - question

Post by jsachs »

Fixed for next release.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
BobP45

Post by BobP45 »

FWIW - the Command info still covers the tabs in the 27 Aug version.
Attachments
Image camera metadata - as saved in 27 Aug 2019 beta.jpg
Image camera metadata - as saved in 27 Aug 2019 beta.jpg (50.73 KiB) Viewed 2353 times
BobP
Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, 16 GB RAM
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I think I got it this time -- it turned out to be a subtle bug. Fixed for next release.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color