"Save Back" stuck on v1

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

MarkT

"Save Back" stuck on v1

Post by MarkT »

After installing 14-Aug-2019, Save Back seems to be stuck on appending "v1" to filenames. First time save, this is fine, but second time I have to manually change to v@. Third time, it still appends v1...

Also, I notice that when using the Sharpen transformation, there must be an new intermediate step in use. I use two monitors, with the transformations in the 2nd monitor. I have set the mouse pointer to "snap to" the most active entry button. Previously, when applying the Sharpen filter, I could leave the mouse at the place where the OK button is on the transformation window, so that I could easily apply multiple instances of the filter. Now, with the latest version installed, the mouse pointer gets snapped to the centre of the main window (on the 1st monitor). Not a big deal, but it's a new behaviour and means having to drag the mouse back to the OK button. Haven't tried all the other transformations yet, but so far it's only Sharpen where I see this.
jsachs

Re: "Save Back" stuck on v1

Post by jsachs »

I am rewriting the File Save code right now and also have noticed the version numbering was not working correctly, so I'll make sure to fix it.

I assume the cursor issue has to do with whether the image is large enough for PWP to display a progress indicator which is centered on the main monitor.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
MarkT

Re: "Save Back" stuck on v1

Post by MarkT »

Well, I've tried a handful of other transformations (sharpen, blur, adjust, negative,...) , and it seems like no matter what size image, there is some new step that's snapping the mouse pointer over to the upper centre of the main window, after the application (OK) of the transformation.

I only mention this as it is new behaviour since version 14-Aug-2019. It's certainly not mission critical.