resize request

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

rfuerman
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: sony rx100iii

resize request

Post by rfuerman »

Hello. So I am reducing the file size for email to friends, social media, whatever; no need to send 8 MB files. Set up a script (very helpful!) to apply some of the automatic transforms, then resize the photo. Transform | Resize | Set pixel width = 1000. This works great for the horizontal images, but no so well for the vertical images. Suggestion: can you add a resize option to set GREATER of pixel width or height to xx pixels? Then this script will handle all images. Thank you!
Charles2
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-Pro 2

Re: resize request

Post by Charles2 »

Longer side / Shorter side.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

This feature is already implemented in the File/Export command and Transformation/File/Export transformation which can be used in a batch process.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
rfuerman

Post by rfuerman »

Hello. PWP 20 Jul 2019. Got it! (I think) New to scripts; is this correct script to create batch process to resize images?
File | Open multiple. 'Open image file' dialog allows me to select xx images. BUT PW opens only FIRST image selected. NOTE - that the File | Open.. dialog allows me to select xx images, and then opens ALL selected images! If you have only the 'Open..' option, users can open a single OR multiple images - do you need both? File | Open from Default works OK if it is intended to allow multiple file opens.
apply transformations to first image, then
Transformation | File | Export
- browse to select export folder
- Resize [x] : 1000 pixels, long side, xx dpi
- select [File Export options] & turn off metadata & scripts
- select [OK]
Script | SAVE workspace script
File | close all images
Script | Open WS script created above.
- 'Open image' dialog allows me to select a single image - should allow multiple image files for batch;
- No image is saved to the export folder - export needs to execute to create files for batch?
- it would be helpful to have a 'File | close all images' command after last file is saved to prepare for the next batch of images.
thx!
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

File Open opens each file in its own top-level image.

File Open Multiple opens all the files into a single top-level image which is then set up for batch processing. It is a shortcut for using File Open on the first image and then adding the remaining images to the list so it is not strictly necessary but it saves a confusing extra step.

You might want to read the Batch.pdf manual as you don't seem to have figured out how to use batch yet.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
rfuerman

Post by rfuerman »

Hello. PW 22-Aug. Got the WS script working, mostly.
File | open . . takes user to the 'Open image file' dialog;
File | open multiple . . takes user to the 'Open image files' dialog where user can in fact select multiple files.
I create the WS script starting with File | open multiple . . command and save script. When I run this script, it takes me to the 'Open image file' dialog where I can select a single image. The batch processing.pdf indicates that I should be able to use this File | open multiple..
command in the batch to open multiple files. How can I get this command to start the WS script?? Thank you! Bob
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I never anticipated batch being used in a script, but what you are trying to do makes perfect sense.

I should be able to make missing files in scripts request one or more files instead of just one, in a future release.

In the meantime, what you need to do is select the first file, then double click on the File Open and select the rest of the files, and then start the batch operation.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
rfuerman

Re: resize request - batch

Post by rfuerman »

Hello. Could you look at one more item, please? When the batch is complete, I select the 'trash' icon to delete the images from the list. The images are deleted but the batch leaves an empty image on the workspace. Probably the workspace should be empty after deleting all files from the batch list? Thx, Bob