Clumsy masking with some tools

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Clumsy masking with some tools

Post by davidh »

If you need to build a mask that needs multiple touches like Paint or Flood fill, the process is rather awkward as you must after each touch click back on the mask dialog to make it active again a to be able to continue with the mask.

This alternate clicking is not only disconcerting but it also forces you constantly to reposition the brush or the pointer from the mask title bar to the location in the input image to be masked.

Is it unavoidable after each touch to transfer the focus to the transformation dialog, from which the mask dialog has been opened, and make it active?

For example, would it be possible for the system to distinguish between a "common" cursor click that synchronizes input image with the transformation dialog on one side, and on the other side a "mask tool" cursor touch that holds back the synchronization of Amount mask icon of the transformation dialog until it is clicked on?

By the way, the Mask transformation dialog, opened from the Transformation menu, does not suffer from this inconvenience and still is able to refresh the Mask icon after each touch. The truth is it is not a typical transformation dialog.
jsachs

Re: Clumsy masking with some tools

Post by jsachs »

I am unable to reproduce this here -- the mask dialog retains control after flood fill or paint operations. What transformation were you having a problem with?
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

I was using the Paint Transformation.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I think this problem, which I have fixed for the next release, is limited to the Clone, Paint and Smudge tools. If you see it crop up anywhere else, please let me know.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color