Save Script: Writing the filename

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

Charles2
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-Pro 2

Save Script: Writing the filename

Post by Charles2 »

I typically want to name a script file after an image name. When I click on the latter in the Explorer window within the Save Script dialog, the filename without extension is written into the name field -- good. But if I then click Save, the dialog nags with an Error message that a .script extension is required. Well, no other possibility exists, correct? So it would be convenient if the dialog code would fill in the .script extension and be done with it.
jsachs

Re: Save Script: Writing the filename

Post by jsachs »

If you check the Include Script checkbox when you save the image it will save the script with the same name automatically in the same folder. You can open the script instead of the image from the File Open command if you want to restore all the history behind the image or you can just open the file. You can set this as the default for any given file type via File/Preferences. I almost always save TIFFs with their scripts so I can rework the images later.

Your suggestion makes sense if there is no extension specified -- if an extension is specified and it is not .script, I think the message is worth posting. I checked into it and It looks like I already do this is most other situations so I have made sure for the next release that no extension always defaults to the required extension when saving any type of file.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color