Paint, Clone etc tool

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Paint, Clone etc tool

Post by Marpel »

Made mention of part of this topic in a previous post:

1. As noted, I mentioned the "bow wave" effect I was seeing when using the Paint, Clone tool etc. As if the tool was "pushing" pixels out in front and to the sides of the cursor circle as it moved. Once the tool was released, the path that had been created, moved back on itself by a few pixels. At first I thought the effect was related to my use of a Wacom tablet and pen (I realize PWP is not really compatible with this device, but I can still use it without the pressure etc that other programs offer), so I tried the same operation with a mouse and see the same effects. Initially, it was not such a big deal as I was not zoomed in much and the edges were less important at that time.

However, today I was revising a mask with the Paint tool and needed to zoom in quite a bit to remove part of the mask adjacent to another part that I wished to keep. The tool was drawn down the edge of the kept part while removing the other part. When I lifted off the mouse button, the path I had created closed in on itself, which required another pass to remove that little bit I had thought was removed. As noted, it takes some zooming in to notice this effect.

2. The other thing I have noticed is the Paint, Clone etc tool does not seem to be as smooth as I remember in version 7. It seems to stutter more as the effect seems to be a bit behind or out of sync with the cursor. Has a different formula/algorithm (or whatever this technical thing is called) been employed in version 8?

I should stress that I am also using a new computer with version 8, and it may be causing what I am experiencing, so I am trying to figure out if it's the computer or the program. Although I have used the pen and mouse in Photoshop and don't see the same thing.

Marv