Bug fix release 10-May-2019

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

jsachs

Bug fix release 10-May-2019

Post by jsachs »

I have posted a new release (10-May-2019).

The changes (taken from the update log) are:

Fixed several problems with loading/saving workspaces. If Ask for Workspace to Save was not set in File Preferences, Save Workspace Script was not working. Other anomalies also fixed to make it clearer what is happening on Close All Images.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Re: Bug fix release 10-May-2019

Post by davidh »

I was just about to post something about Ask for workspace to save option not working properly in the previous version.
So I will have a look to see later today whether it is one of the anomalies. :)
davidh

Post by davidh »

The issue about the option Ask for workspace to save:

1. start PWP with an empty workspace, do something or not, and save the workspace as e.g. wspace1.workspace using the Script submenu command
2. close the PWP and on closing it choose the option Ask for workspace to save, enter a DIFFERNET name e.g. wspace2.workspace and save it
3. restart PWP -> the option Load last workspace script used contains ...wspace1 instead of ....wspace2

If you choose the option Load workspace from last session, the correct wspace2.workspace is loaded under the name of ..Previous.workspace.

--------

a similar scenario

1. load an already saved workspace e.g. wspace2.workspace, do something or not, but do not save it using the Script submenu command
2. repeat the step 2. from the previous scenario and save the workspace as wspace3.workspace,
3. restart PWP -> the option Load last workspace script used contains ...wspace2 instead of ....wspace3

Again, if you choose the option Load workspace from last session, the correct wspace3.workspace is loaded under the name of ..Previous.workspace.

------------

Unless the current workspace is saved by the Script submenu command and then re-saved with the same name using the option Save with current workspace name on closing PWP, its name is not remembered next time PWP is started.

It seems as if the option Ask for workspace to save does the same as the option Don´t save, which is to prevent any additional but unwanted changes from being saved to the already saved workspace.

---------------

Also, on closing PWP, you now get a new Confirm box Save current workspace before exiting?
However, if your setting On Exit in Preferences is: Ask to save workspace, asking again for confirmation is redundant.

If you do not want to save the workspace, you can choose the option Don't save in the Save workspace? box (implemented in the version 7-May-2019), which is displayed anyway after you have clicked OK in the Confirm box.

---------------

I hope I have not scrambled it too much.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I fixed the two scenarios.

I added the redundant confirmation on purpose because I found it confusing to get the Save Workspace dialog box on exit and on Close All Images even though you could select Don't Save.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color