Clone Tool

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Clone Tool

Post by Marpel »

If an object is being cloned out, using the source from an area close to the object, and the "source cursor" or whatever it is called, is moved over the area where the object used to be (now gone from cloning), that object begins to materialize at the "destination cursor". It is like the object still exists, even though it is invisible to the viewer.

Marv
jsachs

Re: Clone Tool

Post by jsachs »

When Overlapped is set to No, this prevents the same part of the image from being replicated over and over since the image is cloned from a copy made before the stroke starts.

When Overlapped is set to Yes, it works as in PWP7 but you can get repeating bits of image depending on the direction you clone.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Marpel

Post by Marpel »

Jonathan,

In my example, I had the following parameters set (default, I believe):

Mode: Copy
Brush: Continuous
Cursors: Linked
Tiled: No
Overlapped: No.

Single image, I was cloning out a fairly large object in a clear background. I set the source point in the background, farther to the right of the object. I started to clone out the object, moving from right to left. The object started to disappear from its right side, being replaced by the background at the source point. Everything good, so far.

As I moved farther left, the source point (cursor circle) began to cross the space that used to be the right edge of the object (but now it was clear background). However, the right side of the object began appearing at the destination cursor circle. It was as if the source cursor was "seeing" the object that used to be at that location and was cloning it to the destination point.

I have done this same operation in version 7 and this has never happened.

Marv
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Assuming I understand you, if you want it to work like PWP7, set Overlapped to Yes.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Marpel

Post by Marpel »

Excellent, thanks.