Bug fix release 18-Apr-2019

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

jsachs

Bug fix release 18-Apr-2019

Post by jsachs »

I have posted a new release (18-Apr-2019).

The changes (taken from the update log) are:

Fixed problem of transformations with their own previews updating when the dialog box was moved without being resized.

File Open can now be used to open script files, but only if you select just the script file. Attempting to include script files in a multiple file selection will result in an error message. This method of opening script files is more convenient if the script file is stored along with image files since the File/Open Script command always starts up in the default script folder, forcing you to navigate to the image folder.

Median Blur: fixed error when recalculating result in some cases if method was set to Variable radius.

Removed Extract Embedded Script command since scripts are no longer embedded. Before installing this release, make sure you have extracted any embedded scripts you want to retain in tiff files saved with older alpha versions of Picture Window.

The name of the current script or workspace script file (if any) is now displayed in caption of the main window.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Re: Bug fix release 18-Apr-2019

Post by davidh »

"The name of the current script or workspace script file (if any) is now displayed in caption of the main window."

It works fine except when the command Restore Workspace from Last Session either from the Script menu or on starting PWP8 is used. With this command the string "Workspace " + Date and time is displayed instead.
Anyway, it is very considerate of you, thanks.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

"Workspace + date & time + .workspace" is the name of the workspace file saved at the end of a session.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

OK, you are right. What I ment was also to display the name of the script loaded and saved (if any) at the end of the last session.
The date and time of the workspace does not tell which script was used when the workspace was closed.
Sorry for not being clear enough. It is the name of the script not the workspace what is important since there are more scripts saved during one workspace session.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I am reluctant to display the name of a script in the caption if that script is not currently loaded as this could be confusing. My suggestion would be to let you specify a name for the workspace script to save under when you exit instead of just assigning one automatically. This same script would then also be the one automatically loaded at the start of a new session (optionally with confirmation). Once the script is loaded, its name should display correction in the caption. Does this do what you are looking for?
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

Yes, it does.

I must admit that did not think of a situation when the workspace had not been saved to a named script before closing PWP. I always save workspace using the Script submenu almost automaticaly as I save my numerous script versions during one session.

I think the command Close All Images with the checkbox Save Current Workspace checked should also offer to specify a name. This would solve the situation when the workspace is saved to a named script, then cleared of all transformations, and any aditional work in the workspace is not saved again at the end of the session.