PWP enters beta -- Web site updated

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

jsachs

PWP enters beta -- Web site updated

Post by jsachs »

I am officially declaring the alpha test period over and that PWP is now in beta. I have updated the version name with the 24-Mar-2019 release and made some minor changes to the Help/About box.

www.dl-c.com now has a new web site. The old site is still there and can be accessed as http://www.dl-c.com/index.php or from the link at the bottom of the home page.

The new site still a little rough around the edges and pretty ugly, but at least the information is up to date.

The link to the downloads page is still the same. I have removed the link to download just the executable file as I expect to start issuing updates less frequently and want to open the testing to a larger group of users who might get into trouble using the shortcut.

PWP8 will be free, with a voluntary donation via a new Paypal button to help cover my ongoing expenses for the web site, development tools and purchasing competitve products for evaluation.

Thanks to everyone who helped find the many bugs in the alpha version for your patience and the time you have put into working with an unstable program.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
MarkT

Re: PWP enters beta -- Web site updated

Post by MarkT »

Congratulations on the move to beta!
rfuerman
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: sony rx100iii

Post by rfuerman »

Hello. Do you recommend uninstalling the beta PWP before installing this new version? Bob
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

You will not be able to install the beta until you remove the last alpha version you have installed.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Charles2
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-Pro 2

Post by Charles2 »

A great program. I presume it's okay if we quote from your announcement email on various photography forums?
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Yes, please do.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Charles2
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-Pro 2

Post by Charles2 »

I presume there is a typo in the email address: email supoport@dl-c.com on http://www.dl-c.com/index.html.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Fixed, thanks.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
MahnEngland
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: 4 Canons and a Panasonic

Post by MahnEngland »

Congratulations on reaching Beta....an enormous effort and worthy of donation!

Unfortunately the download link only gives me Alpha 23 March version. I uninstalled my alpha version prior attempting the Beta install
Mahn
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Thanks for noticing this.

The bad news: The link on the Downloads page was to the wrong file -- I have since fixed it.

The good news: They are the virtually same version except for some minor cosmetic changes in the Help/About box, so no need to download the Mar-24 version.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color