Reprocessing unlinked workflow

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Reprocessing unlinked workflow

Post by davidh »

I have this workflow: Texture -> Equalize -> Resize
I made the Equalize output as a Halftone screen in another workflow.

When I delete the Resize output, it triggers reprocessing Halftone (and all the steps downstream) even though the Resize output is not used in the Halftone workflow.
On deleting Resize, the Close File box displays the correct button: Close the current image
It knows there is no link.

The Resize output was just an attempt to achieve a bit larger texture pattern. But since the resizing must be done by an integer to prevent banding, even the smallest one available of 2 is too big for my purpose.

I wonder if there is another way to make the texture pattern generated with the Texture transformation larger.
jsachs

Re: Reprocessing unlinked workflow

Post by jsachs »

I would need to see the entire image tree to understand what is going on. You can capture it in text form using the Help/Display Image Tree command and then copy and paste the text into a message.

>> I wonder if there is another way to make the texture pattern generated with the Texture transformation larger.

Not sure what you mean by larger.

To make the texture coarser, remove high frequencies or change the power.
To make the texture image larger, increase the tile size and/or the output image dimensions.
To display the texture larger, zoom in.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

Just do the following:

1. open an image
2. open Halftone transformation, choose Custom screen, load any predefined (here I used Diamond Noise)
3. Equalize the Diamond Noise screen
4. close the Equalize thumbnail -> the Halftone thumbnail is recalculated, or at least its title bar shows cyan highlighting, and then all the downstream thumbnails, if there were any.

It happens only when the very next step that follows Halftone transformation is closed. Not the next but one or any other.

Here is the copy of the image tree before closing the Equalize thumbnail:

root (0)
prev NULL n_branches 2, current_branch 0
branch 0 12
branch 1 1

image (12) "Diamond Noise.tif" 0 inputs 0 masks
prev 0 n_branches 1, current_branch 0
branch 0 13

image (13) "Equalize" 0 inputs 1 masks
prev 12 n_branches 0, current_branch -1

image (1) "_DSC1566_001_DxO.tif" 0 inputs 0 masks
prev 0 n_branches 1, current_branch 0
branch 0 11

image (11) "Halftone" 1 inputs 0 masks
prev 1 n_branches 0, current_branch -1
input 0 12

-----------

>> I wonder if there is another way to make the texture pattern generated with the Texture transformation larger.

I generated very narrow smooth vertical lines or bands with the Texture transformation and wanted to make them a fraction wider.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

It looks like I happened to fix this problem just before you reported it, but I have not uploaded the new version yet.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color