PWP8 13-Mar*: JPEG - "Show summary info after save"

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

den
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon EOS-350D/Fuji X100T

PWP8 13-Mar*: JPEG - "Show summary info after save"

Post by den »

Ref: PWP 8.0.exe 13-Mar-2019 and its *.msi

File\Preferences: setting not remembered from the previous installation if selected for File\Save and File\Save as... Needs to be re-selected if a preference.

Export: setting is ignored if selected as: (1) a transform setting; and (2) a Default or *.export script setting.

Did not check this for release 14-Mar-2019.

...den...
jsachs

Re: PWP8 13-Mar*: JPEG - "Show summary info after save"

Post by jsachs »

I am not seeing a problem with losing the Show summary info after save for JPEG files not being saved/restored from the preferences file. This file is not overwritten during installation so its settings should remain in effect.

JPEG summary is not currently supported in File Export or the Export transformation. Export is intended to be mostly hands-off so it can run continuously without user intervention.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
den
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon EOS-350D/Fuji X100T

Post by den »

Export: Perhaps this check box should be removed from the "File Export Options" for JPEGs if this is no longer the intent.
PWP8 03-13 Export.jpg
PWP8 03-13 Export.jpg (75.21 KiB) Viewed 1455 times
When I un-installed PWP8 8-Mar*; cleaned the registry; and installed PWP8 13-Mar*: the File\Preference to show the summary seemed to have gone missing and needed to be reset... ...at least for me.

Not a concern... ...there is a lot going on within the program and its updates/changes...

I like what is happening... ...Thank you.

...den...
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

OK, I thought you were talking about the JPEG options in File/Preferences, not the ones in File/Export.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color