Export -- dpi and Exif:XResolution and Exif:YResolution

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

den
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon EOS-350D/Fuji X100T

Export -- dpi and Exif:XResolution and Exif:YResolution

Post by den »

Ref: PWP 8.0.exe___ 24-Feb-2019

A changed value from the Input image's original dpi does not update the Exif data upon a save, ie, change from an input 72 dpi to 100 dpi...

exiftool.exe -Exif:XResolution#="100" -Exif:YResolution#="100" commands will not be added/changed/performed to original Exif meta data if 100 dpi is written into the Extract dialog dpi box.

I am particularly consious of dpi when down sampling images for copy/paste into word/pdf documents so that they are minimally auto-processed [re-sized] to fit on a page. Doing so, seems to help preserve best image appearance in the document... ...for example: a 6x4 aspect image placed on a 8.5" wide page with Export settings: Long side = 650 pixels and a dpi = 100 will leave 1" margins on the page with no re-size when centered.

...den...
jsachs

Re: Export -- dpi and Exif:XResolution and Exif:YResolution

Post by jsachs »

Should be fixed for next release. I did not realize ExifTool would copy the dpi setting from the original file, overwriting what I had set when saving the file. Also fixed a problem with the Resample checkbox being grayed out in some cases.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color