Smudge and Zoom to fit issues

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

MarkT

Smudge and Zoom to fit issues

Post by MarkT »

Hi Jonathan,

After installing the latest version (17-Alpha-2019) I do see an improvement in the Smudge tool, but I'd say that it is still not as smooth in use as PWP7, regardless of the tool radius size. But, it is better than it had been, so thank you very much. (PWP7 feels like rubbing a finger along on a charcoal drawing - very smooth and smudgy. PWP8 feels like a laggy digital copy or cloning tool being dragged along... sorry but this is difficult to describe)

The issue I noticed with the "Zoom to fit" after canceling/applying a transformation still exists. The same 3 transformations have this problem: Color Balance; Multi Color Balance; and Crop. When I open an image and open those transformations (with "Display Input and Preview Side by Side" option engaged) , then cancel out, the display image retains the same smaller size of the side-by-side images. I checked with all the other transformations, and they all return the display image back to the largest "Zoom to fit" size.

Let me know if my descriptions are clear enough.
jsachs

Re: Smudge and Zoom to fit issues

Post by jsachs »

I fixed the zoom to fit issue for the next release.

I changed the default settings for the smudge tool. If you use it with spacing > 0, it makes annoying repeating patterns. I compared it with PWP7 and it seems as smooth or smoother.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
MarkT

Re: Smudge and Zoom to fit issues

Post by MarkT »

Thank you Jonathan. Both issues are confirmed solved.