Tools

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

rfuerman
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: sony rx100iii

Tools

Post by rfuerman »

PWP 12/24 exe
a) Please check the [Apply] button on the tool dialogs (I checked lines & text). What behavior is expected? Draw a line on the work image; click [Apply] button. Draw second line on the same image and click [Cancel] button. I would expect the first line to remain on the image because it was 'applied;' but loose the second line because it was canceled. But [Cancel] looses BOTH lines. Text is similar -- click [Apply] and you can move the text box, but the text displayed when you click [Apply] is not retained.
b) text tool. When I put a header text on the image and click [OK], then create a new work image to place text at another location for, say, a copyright with different font size, then it would be helpful if the text tool retained font, size and color info while on the same image.
c) Please add a link to the current help file to the download page. Suggestion: Could you put a 'sticky' post at the top of this forum with the link to the download page?
d) Consider adding the build number to the version info & updating for each release & display on the help|about box. When users report issues, it's the only way to know which release they have. And I believe the installer works better when the version is updated for each change. My two cents!
Thx, Bob
jsachs

Re: Tools

Post by jsachs »

a) The Apply button does not lock in settings -- it just propagates your changes through the rest of the tree. Cancel restores the settings to what they were when you started the transformation. If you want to lock in settings, you have to click OK and then double click to reload the transformation.

b) If you click the Settings button in the transformation dialog box and select Reload Last Settings, it will restore all the settings from the last time you clicked OK, even between sessions. This is the opposite of the way PWP 7 worked where you got the last settings by default and had to hold down Shift while launching the transformation to reset.

c) To get to the download page, you can always select Help/Check for Updates from the main menu. If you are out of date, it will take you to the downloads page. I also added a sticky link at the top of this forum.

d) The caption of the main window title bar has the version information - alpha versions are identified by date. Point taken about the installer -- when we go from alpha to beta - hopefully fairly soon - I will switch over to version numbers.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color