Not important - some inaccuracies in Quick Pick

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Not important - some inaccuracies in Quick Pick

Post by davidh »

Here is a little overview for some less busy time in future.

The second letter is often not enough limiting.
It is the most obvious in the most numerous groups of transformations, like those beginning with C..,S..,M..

for example "cr..", though it makes only a group of three transformations, it includes 14 other non "cr" members beginning with ca..,ch..,co..,

"sa.." making a group of one (Saturation), includes seven more members beginning with sc..,sh..,sp..,st..,sw..

"ma.." includes me.., mu...

The third letter sometimes works quite well, sometimes not that well:
"cha.." for example still includes col.., com..
"cal.." (the only member) includes col..,con..,cos..
"cre.." (the only member) includes col..,com..
jsachs

Re: Not important - some inaccuracies in Quick Pick

Post by jsachs »

I think you misunderstand the way quick pick works.

The first letter you type must match the first letter of the command name
The letters you type after the first must match as a contiguous string somewhere the command name

Doing a straight match on the letters you type would require much more typing to get to a unique command in some common cases. For example, for Color Balance, Color Curves, Color Chart and all the other commands that start with color. This way you can type C to match the first letter and then skip to unique letters found later in the name. So if you type CBA you get color balance without having to type COLOR BA
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

I got it. It makes sense. Thanks.
I see I should have read the help first.
MarkT

Post by MarkT »

The only one I see that needs a mouse selection to complete the choice, is "Level" and "Levels and Color"... no combination of letters will select "Level" by itself... (there's probably others I haven't stumbled upon, this is from my daily/normal routine...)

Otherwise, the system works really well.