Some Batch observations

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Some Batch observations

Post by davidh »

1."Run all files in the batch in the test mode"
The start of the batch is immediatelly followed by the box asking whether to continue or to stop. Is it necessary?
Also, when the process gets to the Display transformation step, it breaks at it and again displays a box asking to press OK or Cancel.

2. "Run run current file only"
If you press OK to continue after the first round is completed, the second round seems to be running in the ...Test mode" as it breaks at the Display transformation as described above. This happens even if there is only one file in the batch.
This does not happen with with second and other rounds in "Run all files in the list" mode.

3. If you have more branches, they interfere with the current batch branch. For example the Display step shows an image from a neighbour branch according to the order the transformations are processed between the branches as can be traced by the highlighted thumbnail titles.

4. There does not seem to be a possibility to remove a file from the batch list.

And one additional question. Not all image processing is done with the view of a future batch usage. Would it be possible to add the batch transformation to the image trees later on?
davidh

Re: Some Batch observations

Post by davidh »

Now I realize that where I wrote "branch" (observation no. 3), I ment "tree". So the correct wording is current tree, neighbouring tree... etc.
Sorry for the inaccuracy.

One more remark. If you create just a batch transformation, without any following steps, once you run the batch, it starts processing all trees in the browser.
jsachs

Re: Some Batch observations

Post by jsachs »

The version I posted was very rough. I plan to address most of the issues you mention as the code evolves.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color