Crash - Levels & Color

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

MarkT

Crash - Levels & Color

Post by MarkT »

Seems to be only with Levels & Color, but I haven't tried all of the transformations yet...

Open an image, type "lc" to open Levels & Color, minimize the transformation window, PWP silently closes.
Winfried
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Pentax K1

Re: Crash - Levels & Color

Post by Winfried »

I can confirm this behavior.
Winfried
-----
migrated to Windows 10 in Nov. 2019
PWP Pro 64
CUDA not available
Charles2
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-Pro 2

Post by Charles2 »

I did the same things, but no crash, no problem. Oct. 21 Alpha running on Windows 7. Tried a 48-bit .tif and then a .jpg.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I have fixed this for the next release.

Sorry for the delay, but I have been spending the last two days changing all the passwords to all my online accounts after discovering that one of my old passwords was compromised. If anyone else has been re-using an old password or variants of it over the years, I recommend quickly switching to a password manager like LastPass and using strong passwords as it is only a matter of time before some web site you use your passwords with is hacked and they have stored their password file unencrypted.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
MarkT

Post by MarkT »

Sage advice. I never use the same password twice, which takes an inordinate effort to maintain, but I'm afraid that a password manager might get hacked... Do you have any thoughts on how they work and if that could be a possibility?
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

LastPass has been around for a while so I hope they have their act together. The real advantage of a password manager is you can unique 16-letter/number/symbol passwords for each site and not have to type them in every time. Passwords are stored in the cloud, so they synchronize across all your devices, but this also means they get transmitted, presumably encrypted, across the internet.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color