Unwanted Display Side by Side preview

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Unwanted Display Side by Side preview

Post by davidh »

1. open a transformation - switch on the Display input - go to New mask - start working on a mask (I used the Paint brush)
2. now, whenever you click on the Transformation dialog to make some adjustments, and then back to the mask dialog, the big preview window splits to Display Side by Side preview even though the dialog Display Input (or Display preview) button is ON.
jsachs

Re: Unwanted Display Side by Side preview

Post by jsachs »

When masking, the display is automatically set to split screen since the mask always acts on the input image and the results show on the output image. I did fix the problem of the transformation display controls not being updated.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Re: Unwanted Display Side by Side preview

Post by davidh »

Let me explain what I mean.

The following are the steps I need to do:

1. open a transformation
2. open the mask dialog using Amout: New mask (the default preview is Side by Side whatever button is turned on )
3. turn the Display input button ON instead and zoom the preview to 1:1
4. create the mask
5. toggle between Display input and Disply preview both zoomed to 1:1 while editing the mask

This is not as easy with tranformations where the cursor also works as the probe:

1. Open for example Gaussian Blur transformation - Amount: New mask
2. turn the Display input button ON instead and zoom the preview to 1:1
3. select e.g. Paint tool in the mask dialog and paint a mask
4. edit transformation settings or just click on the dialog to make it active
5. click somewhere in the mask dialog to make it active -> the preview changes to unwanted Side by Side and zoom to fit
6. repeat the step 2
7. click in the mask dialog and you can again go on with the mask
8. if you then need to do the step 4 again, you will have to repeat the steps 5 and 2
etc.

This means that if you click on the transformation dialog to do something while you create your mask, the brush cursor changes to a probe. To get back the brush you must click on the mask dialog, but you lose the Display Input preview zoomed to 1:1 and have to turn Display Input preview and zoom it to 1:1 back again.

Switching between the probe and the brush (or whatever mask tool) is necessary, but is necessary to reset the preview to the default Side by Side preview zoomed to fit whenever the mask dialog is made active? Perhaps the current preview and zoom could be remembered.

---------------

While trying to describe the previous steps I came across another problem.

1. open a transformation (I used Saturation and then Brigntness) and optionaly make some settings
2. go to Amount - New mask - Paint tool - the preview is mask default Side by Side
3. switch on the Display Preview button instead and paint a mask: it does not make much sense to paint on the output preview, but you may do it by mistake, and the mask should be the same, though not visible in this preview
4. switch on the Display Input button -> the mask is not where you painted it, but oriented relative to the upper left corner