Disabling whole side branches - for future consideration

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Disabling whole side branches - for future consideration

Post by davidh »

I often try different settings for various transformations to get an optimal result. I usually do it by cloning side branches. Since I seem to find a different "optimal" result every day, I often have ten or more side branches until I decide which is the right one. Very often the right one is a different one every day. :)
What is important is to have all of them in one workspace, but not necessarily have all of them ready for an immeditate access.

Now to the point. Loading a workspace with a many side branches can take quite some time. Also re-drawing or refreshing the browser when the separator line is dragged left or right causes visible time-lags.
It would be helpful if some of the side branches could be turned off or disabled. They would be loaded only as grayed thumbnails so their loading could be fast. Only when they were later turned on, they would load fully and became accessible and ready to use. It could be done with a bypass button on each branch-box.
I guess there would be some hitches, but for example, two branches with some kind of reference between them could be either turned off both or none of them.

Just an idea.