Bug fix release 28-Aug-2018

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

jsachs

Bug fix release 28-Aug-2018

Post by jsachs »

I have posted a new release (28-Aug-2018) in full installer and executable-only versions. Minor changes to help file.

The changes (taken from the update log) are:

Equalize: Fixed problems with initial curve display and for 16-bit image curve display.

Adjust: Added RGB as a color space option for the Curves tab. Switching color spaces now resets curves. Added separate color space control to the Color tab for adjusting saturation, although the difference between HSV and HSL saturation adjustment is subtle. Fixed bug with adjusting saturation of 48-bit color images in HSV color space.

Added Redeye Removal Tool, similar to the one in PWP 7.2 but that operates more or less like Speck Removal. See updated help file if you need more information.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
MarkT

Re: Bug fix release 28-Aug-2018

Post by MarkT »

Possibly new issue with Adjust - "Illegal Adjust command" and "Illegal Adjust command line" errors appear when first opening transformation. They go away with clicks, and then Adjust works as normal.

Update: A few images later, and Adjust opens without errors, but now Sharpen opens with the same two errors... Not sure what's happening. I've opening transformations by typing, but I also tried it by menu selection and have had the same results.

Also note that when Quick Pick list is opened, Add Border cannot be opened by mouse click, but typing "add b" works. "addb" does not work, and opening my menu selection works.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

The command syntax changed with the new adjust command so existing scripts, including default settings, were invalidated. Re-saving the default settings should solve any future problems.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
MarkT

Post by MarkT »

Ah, yes resetting the defaults did the trick. Thank you.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I hope to address this issue shortly so these fixes will not be necessary in the future as missing command line arguments will just be set to default values automatically.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color