Browser in a separate window minimized

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Browser in a separate window minimized

Post by davidh »

Alpha - 5.5 - Aug.

With the Browser window minimized there might be a problem with correct refreshing of the previews. If you close or turn of the minimized Browser in the separate window, it depends in what mode it was at that moment.

1. If you do it when the its minimize icon (the dash) is active - blue, it is OK.
2. However, if you do it when the its restore icon (the square) is active - blue, the PWP previews will not refresh correctly.

Scenario 2. with the restore icon (the square) active

- open an image
- open Browser in a separate window and minimize it (its restore icon is active - blue)
- open a transformation -> the whole PWP window turns gray
- move the transformation dialog slightly -> the PWP windows get refreshed
- click on the dialog -> the whole PWP window turns gray again
- make some changes and click Apply -> no change, etc.
- move the dialog slightly -> now you see the changes

- turn on Show both browser and image to close the minimized browser window
- turn on Show Image browser in separate window -> it opens minimized and would not get restored to previous size except by dragging its borders when the minimize button is active (blue)

When using a mask, there are similar problems with refresing mask overlay and trasnsformation efects applied through the mask.

- select New mask... -> the Mask dialog opens, no change with the PWP window
- move slighty with either of the dialogs -> the PWP windows get refreshed
- with both dialogs partially over the input image create and apply a mask -> the overlay does not show
- move slighty with either of the dialogs -> the PWP windows get refreshed

To correct refreshig click on the restore icon (the square) of the minimized Browser window. This gets it into the right "mood".
jsachs

Re: Browser in a separate window minimized

Post by jsachs »

This would be tricky to fix, so I just removed the ability to minimize the browser window for the next release. To temporarily hide the image browser you can close it. To get it back, click on the Separate browser window button in the main tool bar.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Re: Browser in a separate window minimized

Post by davidh »

In my opinion, there is not much need to minimize the browser. If I keep it open, I usually make it as wide as possible, drag it down and let only the title bar visible. But others might see it a different way.
To be honest, I do not know how it happens that it gets minimized. I am no aware of doing it intentionally.