Mask gradients Reverse Order

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Mask gradients Reverse Order

Post by davidh »

Reverse Order command in Mask gradients settings does not reverse the mask overlay.
Black, white and grays get swapped on the color line, but the mask overlay is left unchanged.

One more comment.
Inverse Colors command does nothing as well. Since only Black, white and grays can be used in the mask gradients, is this command necessary?
Last edited by davidh on August 6th, 2018, 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
jsachs

Re: Mask gradients Reverse Order

Post by jsachs »

After clicking Apply, further changes such as Reverse Order do not take effect until you click Apply again.

It is on my list to make Mask Undo of tools with Apply buttons work in two stages - first Undo to undo the last Apply but leave the other settings intact and a second Undo to revert to the previous operation.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

Ok, I can see it now. However, the second Apply just adds to the previous mask, making it full mask, instead of exchanging the masked areas.
At least, if I get it right.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Once you do the Apply you need to do an Undo to remove the old mask before applying a new one.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

Yes, so it means to redraw a line or an oval. In this respect it is different from the Gradient transformation. I guess that is what confused me at first.