new Quick Pick design?

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

MarkT

new Quick Pick design?

Post by MarkT »

In the earlier edition of Quick Pick, typing "aj" would directly open the Adjust transformation window. In the latest edition, typing "aj" seems to only pick up the "a", and opens a short list titled "a" showing five transformations starting with "a". Typing "j" does nothing (except for the "ding" of an incorrectly pressed key...).

Not sure if this is the intended method of operation, but I certainly prefer the original design.
jsachs

Re: new Quick Pick design?

Post by jsachs »

A change I made to let Esc terminate Quick Pick was causing the edit control to lose focus on startup. If you click the edit control the old behavior returns. I have fixed this for the next release.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
MarkT

Post by MarkT »

Okay, now (4-aug-2018) typing "aj" opens Adjust, but typing "mcb" opens a four-option Quick Pick window with "mc" in the title, but additional typing does not do anything. I've tried clicking on the header for Quick Pick, but typing has no effect. Similarly, typing "coy" stalls at the list for "co", instead of opening Copy.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I changed the matching algorithm to require that matches after the first character must match in sequence (i.e. in order and with no gaps).

For example:

"cy" or "cpy" selects copy
"mba" or "mla" selects multi color balance

The problem with the old way is that there were too many unexpected matches.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
MarkT

Post by MarkT »

Oh, okay, thank you for the examples. I don't think I would have guessed the pattern, but I'm getting the hang of it now that I've tried it a few times.
davidh

Post by davidh »

Strange thing, but I am not able to type "y" in Quick Pick:
"cy" stops at "c"
"cpy" stops at "cp"
No big problem, however.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I have already fixed that for the next release -- it was not matching on the last letter of the command name.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

Quick pick does not react when the Browser is in a separate window and is active.
A click outside the Browser is needed.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Fixed for next release
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color