Browser display vertical scroll

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

den
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon EOS-350D/Fuji X100T

Browser display vertical scroll

Post by den »

Ref: 180802 msi

No bottom elements to Browser display vertical scroll nor does the mouse wheel control scroll as before after a click in a blank Browser area. Did not check the horizontal scroll.

Realize that Browser area is a premium but I find it difficult to mouse click in the current scroll width although it might just be that my hand is not as steady as it once was...

...could perhaps the arrow keys and/or the numlock arrows also control vertical and horizontal scroll?
180802 vert scroll.jpg
180802 vert scroll.jpg (291.27 KiB) Viewed 2001 times
...den...
den
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon EOS-350D/Fuji X100T

Re: Browser display vertical scroll

Post by den »

Addendum...

Just checked the Help -- General Tips and see that the arrow keys will already move through a vertical script tree and branches if present... ...just not use to using them.

...den...
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I fixed the mouse wheel problem. It turns out I need to rewrite a lot of the code related to the browser scroll bars and some other things that were not working.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

Just not to be overlooked.
If you use the arrow keys to move horizontally along a row of images with little halftone scren thumbnails next to them (and possibly also with other similar little thumbnails), as the horizontal branch shifts to the left, emerging from "under" the preview window, it begins to shrink with images partly overlapping each other.
This does not happen if the horizontal branch is displayed in full in the browser.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I think I have fixed all the remaining image browser display and scroll bar problems - will upload a new release later today.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

Just one more observation.
I do not how I achieved it, but at one moment when I worked with the separate browser it got and stayed minimized and could not be restored. It remained minimized even after restart. Finally I managed to drag it's edges to restore it to its normal size. It has not happened again since then.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I added some code for the next release to force the main window and the image browser on-screen if they are even partially off-screen. This can happen if you accidentally drag the window off-screen or if you switch to a different computer with a lower resolution monitor.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color