Bug fix release 29-Jul-2018

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

jsachs

Bug fix release 29-Jul-2018

Post by jsachs »

I have posted a new release (29-Jul-2018) in full installer and executable-only versions. Minor changes to help file.

The changes (taken from the update log) are:

Switching to a new window now refreshes the image area scroll bars.

Added “Quick Pick” method of selecting transformations and tools. Type a letter and a set of buttons is displayed for the transformations and tools that start with that letter, grayed if the command is inactive. Typing a space instead of a letter displays all available commands. Subsequent letters you type match anywhere in the name until there is an exact match or only one ungrayed match left. Or click any un-grayed button to select the command. Quick Pick is described in more detail in the help file under General Tips.

Posterize: fixed problem causing color controls not to be updated on Refine Palette.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
MarkT

Re: Bug fix release 29-Jul-2018

Post by MarkT »

"Quick Pick"... fantastic! What a brilliant addition!

Can I make a request? Please add "Close all images" to the list (perhaps "File Close All"?).

(And here I was patiently waiting for the ability to "configure toolbars" and "adding buttons", etc... Quick Pick appears to take care of all that...)
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I was putting off doing a custom tool bar by the thought having to design 100+ new easily-recognizable icons for each of the transformations and tools and eventually though of using the keyboard. Lightroom has letter shortcuts, but they are hard to remember and somewhat arbitrary.

I would prefer to limit quick pick to transformations and tools -- the more commands you add to the pool, the more you have to type to get a unique match. I can add a tool bar icon for Close All Images however.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
MarkT

Post by MarkT »

An icon would work just fine, thank you. Not being a Lightroom user, I can't compare, but I'm already finding Quick Pick to be fast and relatively intuitive.