Move Up and Down commands oddities

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Move Up and Down commands oddities

Post by davidh »

Move Down command in the Edit menu accumulates the transformation effect.
Create a branch with two transformationsand make some visible changes. I used Brightness and Color balance.

move the Brightness down -> the output is OK
move the Color balance down -> the Color balance effect gets accumulated
whenever you move the Color balance thumbnail down the effect gets more pronounced

This happens also, for exmaple, with Brightness-Color curves, Brightness-Selective correction.
With Brightness-Remap the effect is not only more pronounced but also the tint expands to parts of the image initialy unaffected.
With Brightness-Posterize the Move down effect is just the opposite - it lightens the output until there is no image.

Now, with the Brightness thumbnail down, move it up -> both images get corrected
If you do this with color transformations down, you may have to repeat the step.
Moving Posterize up before Brightness darkens the effect but only in this one step.

I first came across unexpected behaviour Up and of Down buttons in a branch with Halftone

transformation which makes it even more complicated.

It is possible to use some non-geometry tranformations, such as Tint or Posterize, also after Halftone transformation.
However when you change the order using Up command and move the Halftone step before Tint, you get a red error output thumbnail: Illegal input image type.
After you reprocess the red output, it looks Ok again but is not halftoned.
If you use the Down button instead and move Tint after the Halftone step, the output is both tinted and halftoned, but the Halftone thumbnail stays tinted as well.
Moving Posterize Up before Halftone brings PWP down.

----

I have not checked other transofomations.
However , there may be more to it that I have not recognized since the effects may be less pronounced.