Posterize Auto Palete just resets remapped colors

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Posterize Auto Palete just resets remapped colors

Post by davidh »

If there is a user Default Setting, Auto Palete does not remap the colors, but does the same as Reset Remapped Colors - it just resets the remapped colors.

One more observation:

There is no longer the command Reset all. It has been replaced by simple Reset which resets setting to the saved defaults if there are any, or to system B and W.
If you want to reset all colors to black and white, you have first to clear your saved default settings and then use Reset or click the counter until you get to number two.
I think that the Reset all comand was useful especialy when there were many colors and you wanted to start afresh but preserve your default settings.
Still the current Reset is also useful, it could be renamed to Reset to Defaults.
jsachs

Re: Posterize Auto Palete just resets remapped colors

Post by jsachs »

I added a Reset All command to the settings menu and updated the help file which unintentionally omitted any discussion of the settings menu.

My observation is that even if there is a Default Setting, Auto Palette recomputes a new palette and resets all the remapped colors to the palette colors, the same as PWP 7.20.

I prefer not to rename Reset since it has the same meaning as all the other transformations, namely reset to default.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Re: Posterize Auto Palete just resets remapped colors

Post by davidh »

You are right, now I see it does recompute a new palette. I do not know how I achieved it, but I recomputed a default palette on a few images of different colors, and always got the pallete with the same colors.