Bug fix release 9-Jul-2018

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

jsachs

Bug fix release 9-Jul-2018

Post by jsachs »

I have posted a new release (9-Jul-2018) in full installer and executable-only versions. Minor changes to help file.

The changes (taken from the update log) are:

Fixed memory leak in Clone Side Branch command.

Fixed crashes in some cases introduced in 8-Jul-2018 version when closing images with an open
transformation dialog box.

Crop transformation: fixed various problems related to custom proportions and applying settings to
different input images. If applying crop settings to a new input image whose size is different from the
original and whose proportions are not arbitrary, the cropping rectangle is made as large as possible,
while preserving the proportions. If the image size is the same, the cropping rectangle is preserved. If
the proportions are arbitrary, the cropping rectangle is scaled relative to the new image size.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
MarkT

Re: Bug fix release 9-Jul-2018

Post by MarkT »

Crop still starts with incorrect selection (for horizontally-oriented images):
crop_selection.jpg
crop_selection.jpg (114.71 KiB) Viewed 1658 times
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

The text in the image you posted is too small to read, so I'm not sure what exactly what settings you are using. A couple of points:

1) You may need to rebuild your default and other settings files (if any) to get crop to work correctly.

2) I assume you realize this, but while the Custom proportions are displayed as width/height, but are really proportions as in "8 : 10" and not the actual size of the cropping rectangle in pixels. I have changed the dialog text to reflect this for the next release as it could be confusing.

If neither of these helps, I may need more information to understand the problem. When I try it here, I get almost exactly the same proportions whether the input image in horizontal or vertical (since dimensions are integers you can't generally get an exact match).
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
MarkT

Post by MarkT »

Thank you Jonathan, clearing and resetting the default settings, and starting over to set a "new" default setting seemed to do the trick.

Here's a new problem: When I open an image, use the Crop transformation with the default settings, and "Apply" the crop, the "Input" (left side) image is then zoomed to 1:1.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Sorry, not seeing that here, can you supply more details?

After a crop OK or Apply, it does a Zoom to Fit so you can make sure you are seeing the entire image. Depending on the image size this could be 1:1. Since the input image and output image are usually not the same size, they may be zoomed by different amounts.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color